Take a bite off our tasty, blue milky buns!
Time required: 1 hour+
*Recipe is adapted from Maggie Zhu's Easy Milk Bread Rolls
- 300 gr white flour
- 160 ml warm almond milk
- 7 gr dry yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp chickpea water (aquafaba)
- 2 tbsp Rawnice Butterfly Pea Powder
- In a bowl, place warm milk, sugar and yeast. Let it sit for about 10 mins, until the yeast activates.
- In the mixer bowl, combine the rest of ingredients: flour, salt, butterfly pea powder, melted butter and chickpea water.
- When the yeast mixture is ready, add it into the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix with a spoon or spatula until combined. Cover and let it sit for about 20 minutes.
- Use the dough hook in your mixer to knead. Start at a low speed for about 2 minutes, then increase speed and knead the dough for about 10 minutes until smooth.
- Prepare the bigger bowl (you van grease it with a little bit of oil) and place the dough. Cover and let it rise for about 1 hour.
- Transfer the dough into a lightly oiled working surface (you can use parchment paper greased with oil).
- Divide the dough into a few pieces - the amount will depend on your baking pan. We used a rectangle baking pan and divided the dough into 8 pieces.
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper.
- Shape all pieces of the dough into a round ball.
- Place the dough balls into a baking pan (space evenly).
- Cover the baking pan. Let it sit again for about 40 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Brush the rolls with a little bit for milk before baking.
- Bake the rolls on the middle rack for around 20 minutes or until done.
Anna is a talented photographer, originally from Poland and now living in Stockholm. She's part of our local Rawnice team, and her inspiring breakfast creations are sure to spark a joy in your taste buds!